March 29, 2021


2 min read

Letšeng develops strategic plan to develop Mokhotlong

Letšeng develops strategic plan to develop Mokhotlong

Letseng Diamond Corporate Social Responsibility Manager, Tšepo Hlojeng

Metro Radio Podcast

Catch our weekly audio broadcast every Friday only on Metro Radio Podcast News.

listen now

About Metro Sponsored Stories

The Metro sponsored stories are produced in association with paying partners. If you would like to speak to our team about producing and publishing high quality content on our site.

Contact us

LETŠENG Diamonds Mine is in the process of developing a five-year Corporate Social Investment Strategy from 2022 to 2027, the mine’s Corporate Social Responsibility Manager, Tšepo Hlojeng has said.

He made the remarks on Thursday when addressing heads of government departments in Mokhotlong at a special meeting held to inform them about the development of the strategy.

Mr Hlojeng said the views of all stakeholders are significant towards the implementation of projects intended to improve the livelihoods of the communities of Mokhotlong.

Consultations with the public, he said will be made for needs assessment adding that the strategy will cover Mokhotlong and Thaba- Tseka with the implementation of projects that addresses the needs of the communities of the two districts.
Mr Hlojeng said a validation workshop will also be held to ensure the needs are incorporated into the strategy.
He said the mine has six pillars to implement projects with including scholarships, infrastructure, health, small and medium enterprises, community environmental projects and sports.


Enjoy our daily newsletter from today

Access exclusive newsletters, along with previews of new media releases.

Letšeng Diamonds operates the Letšeng Diamond Mine, which is located in Letšeng–la-Terae in Mokhotlong.
The mine is renowned for its large top quality diamonds which include the 910-carat Lesotho Legend, the 603 Lesotho Promise, the 601-carat Lesotho Brown, 550-carat Letšeng Star, the 493-carat Letšeng Legacy and the 478-carat Leseli la Letšeng.

Gem Diamonds Limited owns the mine with 70 percent shares and the Government of Lesotho with the remaining 30 percent.


Share the story