According to a press statement released on Tuesday by the National Emergency Command Centre (NECC), the Ministry of Health will report its next port of call as soon as the results return from South African laboratories.
“The suspects are under close observation by health professionals and there are no complications reported yet,” the statement says.
It says the fact that there are still no confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Lesotho puts the country at an advantage of remaining Coronavirus free if people could adhere to the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Government of Lesotho’s safety protocols.
“People who show symptoms of headaches, coughing, dry throats, sneezing and have been living with suspects or have been to affected countries should go to health centres and provide truthful information or history to enable health workers and doctors to give them appropriate assistance.
“The public is once again advised to refer any Covid-19 questions to the Ministry of Health Call Centre 800 32020, and a Whatsap number which is 66100100 so as to get correct information to avoid myths and fake news that is intended to confuse people and to cause unnecessarily fear amongst the nation,” it adds.
So far, the statement also shows, staying at home remains the only viable measure that could assist towards minimising the spread of the disease.
It says staying at home promotes social distancing, adding that adherence to rules and regulations prescribed by government will save Lesotho from the disease, as it happened in China.
The statement further urges the public to identify people who arrived in their villages from South Africa recently prior to the national lockdown.
It has also asked those who crossed illegally into the country without being screened to go to the nearest health facilities for screening.